Our Current Project Needs
Trash Free Texas was developed by partners at The Meadows Center for Water and the Environment at Texas State University with support from U.S. EPA and the American Chemistry Council. Our website provides easy access to adopt places in our communities; however, additional resources are needed to support the project.
To advance capabilities and expand statewide, we anticipate needing additional funding for:
• Enhancing the Mapping Tool interface and developing a mobile application.
• Research and marketing to develop and grow the Trash Free Texas brand.
• Supporting community advocates and connecting volunteers with adoptable sites.
• Software development to advance mobile application, user interface and data collection.
• Expansion of database to fully integrate sites in communities, including metrics and trends.